Konjac Glucomannan Extract
Konjac is a kind of perennial herbage plant with low energy, low protein, and high fiber, glucomannan is the main component of konjac. Konjac contains more than ten kinds of amino acidrequired by human body, microelement and unsaturated fatty acid, it is effective in tumor resisting, blood pressure descending, blood sugar descending and weight-losing.
> 85 % Glucomannan
1. Reduces postprandial (after-meal) glycemia (slow release carbohydrate).
2. Improves diabetic control ( ADA:fiber supplement required for long-term diabetic control).
3. Lowers blood cholesterol (¡°drug like¡± effect ¨C19-29% lowering).
4. Lowers blood pressure (rarely seen with fiber).
5. Controls appetite and reduces body weight (4-fold multi-impact effect).
6. Increases insulin sensitivity (treatment and prevention of syndrome ¨CX).
7. Improves syndrome-X (unique effects- presently no treatment available).
8. Control the insulin resistant syndrome and the development of diabetes II.
9. Reducing heart disease.
1. Applied in the food industry
Making the gelling food, used as the food thickening agent and adherence agent such as the jelly ,ice cream, gruel, meat, flour food, solid drink , jam etc.
2. Applied in the health care industry
Modulate the metabolism of lipid , decline the serum triglyceride and cholesterol, improve sugar resistance and prevent the diabetes, relief the constipation and prevent intestines cancer, produce no energy and prevent the fatness ,modulate the immunity function.
3. Applied in the chemical industry
Because the Konjac glucomannan average molecular weight of 200,000 up to 2,000,000 is so big,the viscidity is high, and the fluidity is good, it has been applied to the chemical industries such as petroleum, the dye printing cataplasm, the terra film, the diaper, the medicine capsule and so on.