Part of Use：Leaf
Appearance：Dark Brown Powder
Active Ingredient：Sennoside A and B
Specification：Sennoside A and B 6% - 20%
Senna contains anthraquinones including dianthrone glycosides (1.5% to 3%), sennosides A and B (rhein dianthrones), sennosides C and D (rhein aloe-emodin heterodianthrones).
Numerous minor sennosides have been identified, and all appear to contribute to the laxative effect. The plant also contains free anthroquinones in small amounts including rhein, aloe-emodin, chrysophanol and their glycosides. Senna pods also contain the same rhein dianthrone glycosides as the leaves.
Sennoside A and B 6% - 20%
1. Cathartic effect: senna infusion contains anthraquinone derivatives, its cathartic effect and irritation more than other laxatives.
2. Antibacterial inhibition: senna extract alcohol resistant variety of bacteria such as staphylococcus, diphtheria bacillus, typhoid bacillus, paratyphoid bacillus, and escherichia coli, the water extract useful only for Salmonella typhi.
3. Hemostasis: senna powder can increase platelet and fibrinogen, reduced clotting time, recalcification time, prothrombin time and blood clot contraction time, help to stop the bleeding.
4. Muscle relaxation: senna can block acetylcholine at the motor nerve terminals and skeletal joints, so that muscle relaxation.
1. Applied in food field, senna tea is widely used to treat constipation.
2. Applied in health product field, to be added into health products to relaxe the bowels.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, for the treatment of acute pancreatitis, bacillary dysentery and cholecystitis.
3rd Floor, Building A, Science and Technology Park, Xi'an University of Technology, No.26 Dengling Road, High-tech Zone, Xi'an, China