Astaxanthin Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract
Astaxanthin Haematococcus Pluvialis Extract is produced by microscopic small plants: the micro-alga Haematococcus pluvialis. Haematococcus algae can contain up to 30 g of astaxanthin per kg dried algae. These micro-alga are eaten by marine animals including fish, crawfish, crabs and lobster. The Astaxanthin is responsible for the red colour of these animals.
Astaxanthin is a powerful antioxidant that it is 10 times more capable than other carotenoids, so it is beneficial in cardiovascular, immune, inflammatory and neurodegenerative diseases.
Dark Red Powder
Astaxanthin plays many important biological functions in these species, including:
1. Improved protection against oxidation and photo-oxidation.
2. Reproduction and development.
3. Immune response.
4. Resistance to disease.
5. Reproductive behaviour.
1. Applied in food field, it is mainly used as food additives for pigment and health care.
2. Applied in animal feeds field, it is used as an new animal feed additive to impart coloration, including farm-raised salmon and egg yolks.
3. Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is mainly used to prevent cancer and anti-oxidant.
4. Applied in cosmetic field, it is mainly used to Antioxidant and UV protection.